A big hug and a thank you.  In my first year of blogging I have become friends with some of the sweetest bloggers.  Today when I got the mail (which sometimes is the highlight of my day!!!) my mailman Jim said "I have a package for you". Woooooo Hoooooo love when I get something besides sale flyers and bills in the mail.

This lovely package was from Debra at Commonground. http://www.commonground-do.com/
  She is the sweetest ever and I know a lot of you know her and how helpful and kind and talented she is. She is one of those special bloggers in blog land.  Even though I have never met her in real life I just feel like I have known her forever. She is truly an angel.

 When she featured my vintage bike( the one in my header) many months ago on her blog I was so new to blog land I did not even know how to do a link back and she was so patient and kind and told me how to do it and did not make me feel like an idiot. Which I felt like many times in the beginning of starting up my blog as I was trying to learn and navigate blog land.

You know there are no classes on starting up a blog or places to go to figure things out on a blog you just kind of learn as you go along.  Sometimes a sweet veteran blogger like Debra comes to your rescue.

Debra sent me this beautiful necklace today and I had to show it to all of you. Debra not only has a beautiful blog but she also sells her one of a kind vintage jewelry pieces on Etsy.  http://www.debrasvintagedesign.etsy.com/

Thank you Debra for this kind gift I received today.  It made my day.  I am going junking tomorrow to the flea market and I will wear it with pride and hopefully it will bring me luck to find some treasures.  Debra I am so glad I met you in blog land you really are one of the sweetest out there.  Thank you I am blessed to call you friend.  Hugs!!


Debra uses vintage keys with some bling added and vintage little jewelry charms to embellish.  So so pretty. My camera does not do this pretty bling justice.

Look at the vintage clock face and cross and pretty heart charm.

Debra added some rhinestone bling on the key. So pretty.

I have to say right in the middle of my day I get this sweet surprise.   This necklace also reflects Debra, she is kind, talented and spiritual and this necklace reflects those beautiful parts of her and her life.  Thank you Debra I truly love this necklace.  Please check out Debra's blog if you have not yet (I can't believe anyone out there does not know Debra's blog!!!!) and her Etsy shop. She has a lot of really cute  one of a kind necklaces.
http://www.debrasvintagedesign.etsy.com/
http://www.commonground-do.com/
Hugs and a big thank you Debra,
Kris
:)

29 comments

  1. Just beautiful, Kris! Debra is a real gem and very friendly. I bought one of her necklaces as a gift to myself {almost three years ago}. I remember because she had a number tag on one that said 47 and that was my age that year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,
      Debra is one of the sweetest out there. She really is special. I love my new necklace.
      Kris

      Delete
  2. Debra does such a beautiful job on her necklaces.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra is the greatest and so talented. I love my surprise today. Have a great week end Linda.
      Kris

      Delete
  3. It's just beautiful Kris!!! I would certainly wear that with pride too - lucky you - but it came from one gifted kind hearted blogger to another - how fitting!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Kris! I have long admired the pieces Debra makes. And she is a wonderful person. Her blog is one of my favorites. Yes, do wear the pretty necklace tomorrow for good luck!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful necklaces she really did an outstanding job.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris- What a beautiful gift from a sweet, talented lady. I love her blog, too. She has such a good heart..and is, obviously, a great jewelry maker! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the necklace! What a nice gift. Are you heading to the Kane County Flea Market? I'll be there on Saturday. Maybe I'll run into you while there - unless you're going on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful necklace, and such a lovely gesture. Debra is one of the best! Great post, Kris!

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty necklace!! What a sweet surprise from a blogging friend!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very sweet Kris. That is just perfect for you and so very thoughtful of Debra!She is a super lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is a very special lady in blogland, her kind comments, her kindness is helping our etsy selling and featuring us on her Blog. Thank goodness for such sweetnesss. The necklace looks perfect next to yours. Di

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet!! I love Debra and her blog! (And the necklace looks perfect with the 'I Love Junk' one from my giveaway! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. What sweet thoughtfulness. I love both your blogs. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow... it must have been 'fun in the mail day' yesterday! We received a pkg from a friend too. Beautiful necklace Kris... hope it brings you good junkin' luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debra is so talented and sweet too!What a lovely gift!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so thoughtful. You will have such fun wearing it.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet and thoughtful gift! I love Debra's blog and her Etsy shop and follow both! Isn't it great to meet so many wonderful people while blogging? I love this community! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leena,
      Debra is really a sweetie and does some pretty neck bling!!!!
      Kris

      Delete
  18. Debra is truly a sweet gal. Love the necklace! Perfect for you!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan,
      Hope all is well with you. I do love my new necklace from Debra. So pretty and vintage.
      Kris

      Delete
  19. Hi Kris, that's such a sweet gift and just gorgeous. What a kind gesture by Debra!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is a sweet heart. Have a great week end my friend. It is windy and raining up here I guess I should not complain since it could be snow!!!!!
      Kris

      Delete
  20. What happiness Debra shared with you today, it's so beautiful and very special! It's karma, what you give is what you get back and you are so sweet and kind and giving yourself!
    Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  21. debra is darling, isn't she?:) i really love her i love junk tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn,
      Debra is really sweet. The I love Junk tag is from Susan at Must Love Junk and the vintage key is from Debra. I have some really cute necklaces to wear on my junkin trips.
      Kris

      Delete
  22. What a sweet gift! There are so many good people here in blogland. Love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh honey, you just brought tears to my eyes. you're such a sweetheart, and a BIG Thank YOU for your wonderful Give Away. We were on the road this week, and I just felt better having your tote with us. I felt like MacGyver!!! nothing we couldn't take care of! love ya bunches!

    ReplyDelete

sponsor