Ok still in Door Heaven!!!!! I took these old chippy doors I got at Junk Warehouse and gave them over to my husband and said "Can you make these into a headboard for me?" Please!!!!!! He took them hooked them together and used some old crown molding to finish them off at the top.  I painted them white and shabby them up with a mouse sander and then my husband hung them with a hanging bracket he put into the wall studs to hold the doors in place.  I love the way they came out.  What do you think?
I did love them just the way they were too but with my cream and white theme in my master bedroom I gave in and painted them white and shabbied them back up with the sander.  The pictures do not do them justice.  I am hoping to go camera shopping soon.

I need to find a crystal old knob for the middle door hoping to find one tomorrow a the flea market in Elkhorn Wisconsin.  I just love old doors.  They have such character.




Supporting a great cause 
The Humble Brag Supporting Habitat for Humanity
Sharing with Marion at http://missmustardseed.com/2013/02/furniture-feature-friday-favorites-a-link-party-18/

12 comments

  1. What a great grouping! Those doors look fabulous all together.

    oxox
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen coming from you that is such a compliment. I am going to check into that better camera and quick using my I phone. The pictures do not do these doors justice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous and clever - I love it!! I would be more than happy to do some interior shots of your home if you would like sometime. I need to build my portfolio up on my design site, so I wouldn't charge you anything. Seriously, just let me know if you would like me to.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!! What a compliment. Anytime. I am going to tell my friend in Woodridge about your design site. She pretty much has her family room and kitchen coming together nicely but if she needs help I will steer her your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your headboard is lovely! I've seen door headboards that run horizontal and I love them, and ones with matching doors, but yours looks great with the mismatched doors.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. The pictures do not do it justice. I just love they way they came out. Thanks for the compliment.
      Kris

      Delete
  6. Amazing headboard! I am a color girl, but I love your color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them. I had quite an assortment of doors this summer and sold them at a sale....should have kept them for a new headboard. When we first moved into our house my neighbor took out all of the doors in their house. They were eight paneled, solid wood doors and matched the ones in our house. I saw them in a dumpster when I came home for lunch. I planned to go over to their house and ask for a few (or all of them). When I came home the dumpster was gone. I KICK myself for not talking to them sooner. I love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. door heaven is RIGHT!

    stopping by via MMS and hope you'll find a moment to come hang out, dream, reflect, share and notice lovely. http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2013/02/jadore-milieu.html?showComment=1360156518676

    smiles to you, lovely blogger.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a brilliant idea for a headboard. It looks amazing. Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweetest of dreams...just LOVE this beautiful, creative headboard! And those cute lil' shades next to the bed! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very lovely! I am curious and a little confused about the way you hung it. Are they hung only from the top or are they secure at the bottom as well. It's just gorgeous and as soon as Sam wakes up, I'm going to show him this...I'm sure he'll be thrilled. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

sponsor